When it comes to managing your files on the server, cPanel is one of the most popular and Linux-based options that come to the mind of almost every online user. With it, you can easily manage your files and control every detail of your server perfectly. For controlling the files and manged them according to our needs, it is a standard tool for all these needs.
cPanel allows you to manage your files and online resource in the most efficient and productive way. Many hosting companies now launch a specific hosting plan named cPanel hosting service. But still just like every good have something bad in it. cPanel also comes with some cons which make it not enough better.
Pros & Cons You Experience With Cpanel
Some common pros because of which cPanel is one of the most favorite files managers are: –
- It comes with easy-to-learn features which are a very great point for beginners. While on the other hand, many other panels come with typical and difficult features which are really hard to learn.
- It comes with easy-to-use features and because of its categories, you can easily navigate and found the option which you are looking for. It comes with a very attractive and simple-looking interface that can be easily understood.
- Managing your files with a panel is not only makes your work easy and simple but in addition, it makes your time productive & efficient. Plus because it is an open resource, so you get easily cPanel with most of the hosting plans at cheaper prices.
- Cpanel is now used by millions of websites, that’s why it is considered under the category of test and reliable Cpanel which never harms your website in any way.
- Most of the hosting companies offer multiple supporting features with a control panel. This makes your work more simple and easy. Like you get auto and one-click installer with most of the control panel hosting.
- It is one of the most popular and old file managing tools then you can easily found hundreds of online forums where you get the perfect solution for your query. Even you can found plenty of tutorials where you can learn the whole cPanel perfectly.
Cons of Cpanel: –
- As there are a huge number of features available in cPanel which is really overwhelming for most of the new beginners. And make a confusing circle in the mind of users.
- There can be many chances that you change the important settings mistakenly which later harms your site and cPanel does not show any warning on it.
- In most of the control panels, you get outdated and old software which is a little bit worst than the latest updated one.
With cPanel helps to maintain and build your website properly.
How To Use cPanel: Beginners Guide In Detail
The first section of cPanel is file modules that allow you to upload and manage your files without login into the FTP client. You can do a lot of things with this section of the cPanel. Some common features which you can access with this section of cPanel are
- Backup Wizard
- Directory Privacy
- Disk Usage
- File Manager
- FTP Accounts
- FTP Connections
- Web Disk
- Git Version Control
- Inode counter
Through this section of the control panel, you can customize the layout of your cPanel according to your preference. Some common features which you found in this section are
- Change Language
- Change Main Domain
- Getting Started Wizard
- Manage Resources
- Update Contact Info
- Video Tutorials
If you use a CMS for building your website then you need to know about the Database. It is the section of your cPanel where the storing post, setting, and other configuration of your site store. Generally, it comes with the point
- MySQL Database Wizard
- MySQL Databases
- Remote MySQL
As your website need a different kind of software and tool to run. Through this section of your cPanel, you can install and manage software on your server. Some popular software that comes with this section are
As you can be host multiple websites on a single account of hosting. This section of your cPanel helps you to manage all your domain in a single place. Not only domain but even here you can also manage subdomain too. This section comes with features like
- Addon Domains
- DNS Manager
- Preview Website
Whenever you want to measure the performance of your website then this section of cPanel is available for you. Here you will know the performance of your website and resources you use etc. some features which come in this section of cPanel are
- CPU and Concurrent Connection Usage
- Raw Access
- Webalizer FTP
Keeping your website safe and secure is also important with other things. Through this section of the cPanel, you can handle all the security features of your website. in this section, you get features like
- Hotlink Protection
- IP Blocker
- Leech Protection
- SSH Access
- Leech Protection
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Let’s Encrypt
- Manage API Tokens
These features help you to maintain the security of your life and keeping your visitors safe.